Major Works of Philosophy
With these important works of philosophy that span more than 2,000 years of revolutionary thought, we’ve compiled a collection both accessible for readers new to the subject and thorough enough to satisfy scholars. Beautiful, heirloom-quality Everyman’s Library volumes are finished with our custom jackets, which feature Raphael’s Italian Renaissance masterpiece, “The School of Athens”. In the center of the painting, Plato gestures toward the heavens; Aristotle, walking next to him, points down to Earth. First-time readers and re-visitors alike will find a lifetime of inspiration and ideas from these formative books.
The books in this set are published by Everyman’s Library, Library of America, and Penguin Random House. Each hardcover volume from Everyman's Library is bound in cloth and features a silk reading ribbon, acid-free and natural cream-colored paper, and European-style half-round spines.
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- Writings (1902-1910) by William James
- The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli
- The Basic Writings by Friedrich Nietzsche
- Symposium and Phaedrus by Plato
- The Social Contract & The Discourses by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- The Analects by Confucius
- Candide & other Stories by Voltaire
Weight: 10.5 lb
Width: 9 inches x Height: 8.25 inches x Depth: 5.75 inches