How have American presidents contended with the most profound conflicts of their day? Read about the leadership that shaped America. From Abraham Lincoln’s leadership during the Civil War was one of the era’s only bright spots, and Theodore Roosevelt brought the country into the 20th century with boundless energy and optimism following the Spanish-American War. This 5-book set gathers the writings of these presidents (and more) in beautifully bound, heirloom-quality volumes from Library of America. Our custom jacket design features an antique architectural rendering of the White House from the early 19th century.
The books in this set are published by the Library of America.
- Memoirs & Letters by Ulysses S. Grant
- Speeches & Writings II by Abraham Lincoln
- Writings by James Madison
- Letters and Speeches by Theodore Roosevelt
- Diaries 1821-1848 John Quincy Adams
Weight: 8.0 lb
Width: 6.5 inches; Height: 8.25 inches; Depth: 5 inches